The Flawlessness of Flawed
- We are the music makers,
- And we are the dreamers of dreams,
- Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
- And sitting by desolate streams;—
- World-losers and world-forsakers,
- On whom the pale moon gleams:
- Yet we are the movers and shakers
- Of the world for ever, it seems.
- -Arthur O’Shaughnessy
- Ode -first poem in O’Shaughnessy’s (1844-1881) collection Music & Moonlight
This entry was published on October 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm and is filed under Uncategorized
Bookmark the permalink.